There are a ton of I.T. support companies on the net. The question is which one's are the best? You need to take in to consideration the companies skills and abilities. Now a days everyone is trying to get into the computer industry instead of sticking to what they do best and the next thing you know that computer of your's ends up worse than what it was when you started. With fourteen plus years in I.T. I have seen many a victims that were taken advantage of and paying too much or worse loosing valuable data to inexperienced Techs.
Before asking a tech to come in to assess your network, do your homework and look in to the company first before you allow someone to touch that computer or even your business network. Here are some of the things you should consider in picking the right tech.
1. Get references to some of the other clients they support existing and no longer supporting companies as well.
Their clients will speak what it is that they like about the company. Do not be afraid to ask about the negatives. It can speak a lot about the company. Of course if you get an ear full and everything was horrible try and weed out the truth. There are times where as a tech that you cannot avoid losing them. Whether it is a project gone bad due to a lemon server that was bad from the get go. Difficult people and relationships due to unrealistic expectations from that company. I have seen a lot of companies that I have supported that try and do whatever it takes to getting out of paying our bill and will nit pick the project to death to try and save a dime.
If you were to check out my clients they would tell you that I was very personal and not just focused on the technical aspect of their network. I believe relationships are more important with the client at the level with server outages and down times. There are clients that I support that I even volunteer to help with on special occasions such as Thanksgiving and Christmas lunches or dinners. That speaks multitudes when you have a tech that is willing to take time out of their busy day to help out with something like that. Plus in my case I love it!
2. Check out their skills and abilities.
If they do not have the skills that you require then of course you want to move on to another tech. There are even companies that will tell you what you want to hear just so they can get your business. Thoroughly check the references and ask them what they think of their skills and abilities? If you have a Tech that is not afraid to say I don't know that tech has good character.
3. Keep and eye on integrity!
I have seen companies use pirated software to repair computers and not even bat an eye. Pirated software is so much more common these days. I can walk into a company and organization and ask to see proof of the licenses that the company has and I can guarantee that they will be short in something. Some companies seem to think that just because they have an original CD they can install it on every PC known to man. You must purchase the same amount of that software for the same amount of machines that you have on the network or you are libel for the copyright laws and can be a nasty fine. Integrity is important! No one likes to be lied to! There is a trick to know about Best Buy's Geek Squad their priority is not to repair your PC. Their priority is to SELL you PC's. People are getting ripped off and their PCs have a minor issue and they turn around and sell you a PC. That is not integrity!
If you take these three tips in to mind when looking for an I.T. company to maintain your PC or business network you will be more aware to who you allow to touch your network and valuable data that if you lost you would be shut down or miserable.
True Technologies provides local homes and businesses access to professional computer and networking support without having to hire a full time IT person. In business since 2003 and over 14 years of professional experience in computer hardware, software, and networking, we offer a complete set of computer and networking services to the local community. With True Technologies, you do not have to worry about what kind of experience we have. A Blue Springs computer repair company with quality service! Here is a small list of what we have to offer for your small to medium sized business. Give us a call at 816-226-8102.
No comments:
Post a Comment